Thursday, April 24, 2008

This afternoon I put Tink down for a nap like I (almost) always do. She seemed like she was going to go straight to sleep. She was practically comatose when I put her down and snuggled up under the covers.

So I went straight to work tidying/sorting out our office/closet little realising that the baby monitor was not on. Some time later I was in the kitchen when Davey brought her down from her nap. This picture does not do justice to the happy, beaming little creature that bounded down my stairs...

Yes. That's diaper cream. Which I was SURE was out of her reach...

And this is the sight that greeted me in her room...

Not only was there diaper cream on every surface in the room, she'd also opened her closets, emptied her dresser and apparently gotten back into bed (under her duvet the entire bed was covered in cream)...

oh dear....

7 comments:

Grandma_bel said...

Oh my goodness, she is a lot like her mother. At least it wasn't poopy, I bet it's hard to clean up though, poor you. What a little monkey!

ramblin'andie said...

Every knob, every wall, the back of the door...even her clothes were all covered in that stuff. It wasn't even a full jar. Davey is SO my favorite ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm totally not laughing but that's the funniest thing I've ever seen. What do you think is going through their head when they're pulling everything out/down and rubbing that thick gross cream all over it? Anything? ANYTHING???
Good times Andie. I'm glad you caught it on camera!
September

Grandma_bel said...

By the way, don't forget to get that lock for the balcony door before she escapes taking Davey with her. love you xoxoxox

kelly ens said...

also not laughing at the funniest thing ever :)
what a disaster to try and clean up!!!

Katherine said...

sorry andie... I am so totally laughing!!! anytime I need to be cheered up, I am going to come look at this posting :)

Jamie said...

That's awesome! That a sneaky little monkey :-)