Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Today we ran errands

First we went to Sears to pick up a parcel - clothes for Andrew. Davey had one of his McQueen cars with him and was driving it along the floor of the store. That's when we met a very nice man from the company who shreds Sears Catalog Store's paper. Nice cause he thought it was cute Davey was driving a car down the middle of the store and not annoying.

Next we went to Safeway for groceries. Nice Shredding Man met us in the meat section. I got most of the shopping done before Elisabeth had enough (she was very whiney and cry-y today. I wonder if she has the same ear infection I seem to have?) So I took her to the in-store Starbucks to grab a smoothie and bumped into - you guessed it - NSM again! I half expected to run into him again at the butchers but I guess they don't have much shredding to do there.

After we grabbed the smoothie I finished my shopping. Now up until now I've had nothing but good to say about Safeway. This store is stellar. But as we were loading our shopping onto the belt Tink dropped her smoothie. And when I told the cashier she just handed me some paper towel to mop it up myself. We're talking smoothie across the whole aisle. Now okay, I can clean it up myself, but can I at least have a mop? And after getting more paper towel myself I told her that it was pretty slippery still and probably needed a mopping and she just smiled and thanked me for cleaning it up. Okay. And she was older than me. WEIRD.

But at least mopping Safeway's floors motivated me to clean my bathrooms and mop all the laminate/lino floors in our house. And clean the fridge.

Yay for a sparkling clean house :)

Oh and also while in Safeway, I knelt to help Davey with something and A SPIDER fell out of my hair! A SPIDER!!! ugh! I handled it very calmly I thought.

Also, for those of you who aren't up to date with my Facebook status, today while cleaning the bathrooms, I coloured my hair red. I like it!

0 comments: