Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just Another (Rainy) Day in Paradise

Listen, there are five of us adults and only one laptop. So imagine how hard it is to get online. Plus the internet is unimagineably slow, so uploading pics is insane. I'm just posting people pics for now, but for all of you who could give two figs for the people, I'll show you some of Switzerland when I'm back home with my real Internet.

Meanwhile...Today Anny came to the dorf with us to do the day's shopping. Tink enjoyed playing chase with her up and down the hill.


She has taken over ownership of this lightning mcqueen coat while we're abroad.



When we got back from the dorf, while me, dad and Anny made lunch, Grossi and Davey coloured and did activity books.

I think he really enjoyed spending time with her. He is picking up some swiss german and his pronunciation is dead on. It's amazing. Both the kids are really good at repeating swiss phrases. If we had 8 more weeks here I swear they'd both be fluent.


After lunch we Canadians went for a train ride to the next 'big' town (Lenk has a population of about 2000. Then there are several smaller villages before Zweisimmen which is slightly bigger than Lenk).

We wandered around the shops, then stopped for coffee. The kids had a scoop of ice cream each.



Tink was VERY impressed. "I like the ice cream!!" she said. I think she meant the presentation.

Then again, maybe not.


A gorgeous backyard.



Tomorrow we are taking Aunty Anny to an appointment then continuing on to Gstaad. Apparently there isn't that much to do there, but I've never been and it's where all the rich foreigners live so there must be something good about it. Anyway, looking forward to sharing more of that with you tomorrow night!!

2 comments:

lunchbucket said...

the gardens are hilarious. It's like everyone's competing to have the most outrageous gnome theme park in their backyard

But where is the giant Snow White?

also, Tink's ice cream picture is priceless.

Katherine said...

Love the pictures!
it is so great to see Grossi and anny with the kidlets :)
maybe i can teleport me and girls there :D