Tuesday, July 01, 2008

the rest of the birthday party

We decided the easiest way to explain what was happening today was to tell Davey and Tink that today was Canada's birthday. Not too sure they understand the concept of "country", but they're sort of getting it.

After both kids and Andrew had naps (I folded laundry and watched Matlock...my family will know how excited this made me!) Andrew and the kids washed the car...well, Davey washed Andrew and ate a popsicle.

Tink is a very good (and serious!) helper.

Getting ready to watch the fireworks: we had hoped to be having a family vacation in Harrison this weekend. But that little microwave blowout worked out to exactly the money we had put away for our holiday. (the silver lining is, we had money put away for this weekend and so when our microwave died, we could afford to replace it. Since it's a fancy pants built in/hood fan combo and we are in the process of selling our house, this was important!!)

Harrison has quite the Canada day party every year, culminating in fireworks on the lake. Or so my stylist tells me. Well, I was worried my timid children would find the fireworks too loud if we went into town for the Chwk. show. Luckily, our balcony provides the perfect vantage point to see without getting the noise...

Bearing in mind that if I'm sitting with Tink on my lap, our camera makes it look like she's six feet away...here is a picture of one of the explosions. Pretty, hunh? Davey was a bit confused about why the firefighters didn't need to be involved and Tink kept asking if she could "blow them out".

We are so thankful for a very awesome Canada Day weekend!!

0 comments: