Friday, January 16, 2009

Long Time Coming...

Wow, I'm lousy with the blogging lately. What with Andrew being gone for the better part of a week, working, living life....I haven't been taking any pictures. I know. Crazy.

On Thursday Kathi had an unexpected day off. I was so excited because between the two of us, we only have one day where we're both off work. Which means it feels like we hardly see each other anymore. We spent it doing what we do best...wandering around Superstore admiring all the new clothes ;) Elisabeth got a cute new top.


This shirt, combined with some Etsy sites I've been stalking lately, have me dying to break out my sewing machine. So if all goes well tomorrow, Ashlie and I are going to go looking for a simple pattern for me to cut my teeth on. It's been a good 15 years since I sewed anything, but at the very least I can hem some curtains! Goodness knows there's enough curtains in this house that need hemming ;)

The kids are enjoying living on the compound. Davey has spent many days at Grandma's house playing with Rob and Dave's lego. In fact, some days it's almost impossible to get him to come home! And Rob and Dave seem to enjoy playing with him too.


Jade comes over to our house and watches the kids for me. They seem to love playing in the basement and watching the occasional movie upstairs.

Meanwhile, Tinker is enjoying all the pets. Apparently her favorite thing to do is lie on top of Ellie (Kathi and Cody's dog) stroking her. Ellie seems to like it too.

Davey is still obsessing over angels and their baby deliveries. They were watching something they other day with sheep in it (at Grandma's). Davey took one look at the sheep and started telling Grandma that Angels deliver babies and he does. not. want. any. more. babies. Grandma even tried to explain that the angels don't actually deliver the babies, but Davey didn't believe her.


Elisabeth is getting some molars so she's been a bit unsettled lately. She won't eat much other than pickles (good for chomping those sore gums on) and popsicles. Oh, and hot chocolate. Which I think she would live off of if I would let her!

She's also getting even more verbal. She can recount whole stories to you and do all the sound effects. Earlier this week she fell down the stairs to the basement and banged her head. She can tell me all about it, including how Ashlie picked her up and helped her feel better.

Not much else is new here. The house is slowly coming together. Every day a few more pictures get hung, or furniture moved, or boxes unpacked. I thought I'd have pictures to show you by now, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'm still not satisfied enough to take any. Maybe this weekend...


The only other piece of news is that we found a webcam at XS Cargo. So dad, maybe we'll try it out tomorrow. Will you be home?

0 comments: