Wednesday, June 17, 2009

On Sunday we decided to head to the Golden Ears Bridge and walk across. I still remember driving the Coq back in the 80s - and getting a bumper sticker for doing so - so I was hoping this might be similarly memorable for the kids. We had no idea what to expect in terms of busy-ness, bus service or amenities on the bridge.

We decided on a whim to park at the RE Mountain Secondary and catch the bus from there. We pretty much parked the car, walked to the pick up point and got on a bus. We might have waited 10 minutes, but I doubt it was even that. I was impressed.

Then as we approached the bridge we began to get an idea of how busy it was there...

Not what we were expecting. Here's a picture to the North:

And to the south.

I was a bit surprised by all the stuff going on too, there were several classic car groups there, face painters, ice cream trucks, musicians...it was all very crazy.

We made it to the North Stage and at that point it was basically grid locked. So we decided we'd gotten the gist of the bridge and turned around. Apparently it was the right choice because right after that they kind of panicked and started talking about being at capacity.

We'll do the walk again once the bridge has been open a while.

So then we decided to have a pinic Fort Langley and then we met Dave and Alexis for Gelato!

If I look a little crazy, it's the combination of sugar and sun stroke. I still can't blow dry my hair. Dave got me a hat today.

We stopped to play on the trains at the museum.







And headed home. I'm not sure what Davey was being here.


But after a very full day, I was feeling tired and needed some quiet. So I locked my family on the balcony and ate my dinner inside, in peace. Here's Andrew begging to come in. I did let him in eventually.

0 comments: