Saturday, September 19, 2009

Enjoying the mild autumn weather

Today everyone was outside. Andrew pruned trees, trimmed the lawn and worked in the yard. Dad mowed the lawn, sprayed off the decks/patios, tidied up and got rid of spiders. The Lyths made their house and car look pretty and I pulled out the last of the summer veggies and made sure the fall/winter ones are still on track. Did you know I STILL have strawberries from my strawberry plants I bought this spring? They weren't supposed to be ever bearing plants, but they're sure acting like 'em!

Uncle Dave came out for a while and helped Davey practice riding his bike. Then Ashlie stole it. Everyone (especially Ashlie and Jade) is making a concerted effort to help David with his cycling skills.

He's doing very well. Which is good. I always loved cycling and would love if we could ride to his school. I'm not sure what I'll use for Elisabeth (trailer, bike seat...), but we'll figure that out when the time comes.
The kids climbed the trees. When they weren't playing secret agent.






And the whole time Elisabeth helped Daddy clean our car.
Looking at a caterpiller I found in the leeks.


0 comments: