Friday, September 25, 2009

Williams Park

This week was so very hot. I have to admit, I'm not really enjoying it. I love the sun of course, but I'm over the heat. If only it would be about 19 degrees, I'd be in heaven. But, by mid week we were soaring to high twenties/early thirties. MUCH TOO HOT FOR SEPTEMBER!

So, desperate to be outside in the sunshine, but not really relishing the thought of being out in the heat, I racked my brain for somewhere we could go....and came up with Williams Park.

For some reason it's not somewhere that comes to mind very often, and I don't know why. It's in town, it has a playground, a forest, trails AND a creek to play in.

The kids were so excited when I told them about it. They grumbled a bit when I made them walk from one end of the park to the other to get to this stream, but it was worth it once we got there. Paradise!

While they spent a blissful 90 minutes in the creek, throwing rocks, finding fish, and soaking the island, I read my book. It really was a sort of paradise.
















1 comments:

Linda Lou DeLong said...

can do nothing but love those little ones