Tuesday, September 29, 2009

2917 = Five Years

Happy Fifth Birthday Project David! September 30th marks the fifth anniversary (and 2,917th post!) of this blog. To commemorate this occasion, I thought I'd share some random facts:

  • Back in 2004, Andrew (yes, you read that correctly, ANDREW!) thought it would be fun to start a blog to chronicle the life of our soon to be born son, David.
  • Back then, I wasn't at all interested in blogging. I thought it sounded boring. And too complicated for me to figure out.
  • It wasn't long before Andrew got me interested...though funnily enough, back then it was just because I wanted to play with the templates for the design of the blog.
  • September 2004 was also when we first made the jump to a digital camera. Once again, this was technology I just wasn't interested in. I thought digital cameras were stupid.
  • It didn't take long before I was the principle blogger in the family. It was something to do during that hour long spell (in the middle of the night) where David didn't want to eat, but he didn't want to sleep either!
  • In the beginning we used Hello! to upload pictures. Individually. Hence the almost 3000 posts.
  • After only a few short months I had several blogs (I still do today. All sadly neglected.)
  • After only a few more short months, I hated blogging. Never enough time to do it justice. I promised myself I'd give it to the five year point.
  • I think my mum would kill me if I quit blogging. Which is as good a motivation as any to keep going. Though since it's the only way I've been chronicling the kids lives I think I'd better keep it up anyway.

1 comments:

FRED'S PICTURES said...

Yes you better keep it up, or I will get my Mafia friends to take care of you!