Sunday, September 13, 2009

Experimental Day

Lately I've had some great ideas for pictures with my kids, but A) it's hard to photograph your own kids unless you have a really good assisstant, and B) I don't have an SLR, and the pictures I had in mind would look so much better with an SLR than with my point and shoot.

Funnily enough, I've also been wanting to rag Elisabeth's hair lately.

I looked up a little tutorial on YouTube, then cut up an old pillow case. Elisabeth was an angel and stayed still while I put the rags in. She was pretty excited about getting curls!

I wrapped the rest of the pillow case around her head and then crossed my fingers that she'd leave it all in over night. I've tried putting braids in at night before and she ripped them all out.

First thing the next morning and it looks like she kept them in!!

The curls were insanely tight - like when I do sponge rollers in my own hair. So I had to use the curling iron and help them relax. I think if we hadn't booked ourselves an appointment for the morning, I would have let them fall out on their own. OR I also tried two little pig tails and they looked insanely cute with the curls.




So back to the first part of this blog...all my ideas. I whined and whined and whined about it, and finally Nicole asked me what I was thinking. So at our weekly ANTM party, we talked it over and decided to go out on Saturday morning and do some experimenting. I get my CD this week with all the images, but for now the ones she's posted to Facebook are AWESOME!

1 comments:

Kim Norcross said...

My grandma used to do rags in my hair every time we stayed over - its so cute in her hair. Also, I saw the pics on Facebook - they are so much fun and the kids look so adorable!