Saturday, November 28, 2009

I love how God cares about the little things.

If you haven't noticed by now, I love Christmas. And because I'm really idealistic, there are certain things that I have to have for Christmas to be Christmas.

One of those things is the perfect (real) Christmas tree. 8 years ago Andrew and I started the tradition of having a real tree. There was one year where we couldn't afford a tree, and that year we got given a coupon for a free tree.

That's why this year, another year where we don't have money for a real tree, I knew God was going to make a way.

Now, the silly thing is that last year, when we were both working and flush, we bought an imitation tree. But it's the tree for the den. And also, as I said before, Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a real tree. Yes, it's that important to me.

So, my Christmas miracle starts with an email. From a certain nursery inviting us to their Christmas open house. And a side note saying this nursery would be getting live Christmas trees on November 27.

That's when I remembered that in May when we bought a couple of trees for our yard, we got a $30 gift card for that same nursery. Hmn, I thought, maybe we could get a tree at this nursery.

The first year we bought a tree, we got it at a nursery and it was around $30. But since then, nursery trees have sky rocketed in price. Two years ago when we looked, the cheapest trees were $60. Still, just maybe there would be a tree for us.

So today we piled in the car and headed to Art's Nursery. Have you been there yet? We didn't make it to their open house on Thursday. But their gift shop and Christmas Market were open today and it was amazing. I'll take one of everything, please. But the Christmas trees...

...the cheapest ones were $50. And that was for a dinky little one. But we kept looking.

And looking (who knew trees were so expensive).

And looking. And finally we found three trees. And they were all $24.99. So I got my tree, and change.

And that's how I know that God cares about the little things.

0 comments: