Saturday, November 14, 2009

What we've been up to here...

I tried my level best to hold out till November 15 before we did any Christmas decorating, I really did. But we finally broke down and did the den on November 11. The kids decorated the tree. They did a good job of spacing things evenly this year. Remember last year?


Considering I'm a red and green Christmas purist, it's amazing how much I love our blue and white tree. But the kids keep asking when we can do the red one. Sooooon.


Once the kids were tired of decorating, we did crafts. Oh the things I have stowed away for us. I'm glad we're working on some of them. David can't get enough of Christmas crafts.

I had these letters and decided to cover them with paper. First, I painted the sides blue:

This is David's snowman.

Elisabeth made paper chains.
And wore them while she ate halloween candy.

Then she put the glue on my letters while I cut out the Christmas paper.

Here they are all glued and dried and ready to be sanded. The sanding is not my favorite part. Which is why two letters have been sanded and aged and two are waiting to be finished. I will try to bribe Andrew to sand them for me. He likes that. In the meantime, I made this.


Libby looks like she's been up to something.

Davey, vegging.

And the starbucks bears, wearing our shoes.

1 comments:

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

ok, i think you've settled it for me: the next nesting task is definitely christmas decor. that and jam jam cookies. i had decided to hold off on those until after baby is on the outside... not make for a bigger baby and all that but now i'm thinking its not really going to matter. baby is big already. besides, maybe he/she is waiting for me to have the place festive?
davey's ontario comments are adorable. :)