Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The other night Elisabeth was having trouble sleeping. It might have had something to do with the fact that she drank my afternoon coffee, I dunno.

Anyway, after trying several times to get her to go to sleep, she was still up and reading at 11 pm. So I told her she might as well just come and sleep in my bed. We got into bed and Elisabeth took my face in both her little hands and turned it towards her. "Mummy, before you go to bed you need to get on your knees and pray."

"Oh, you're right, Elisabeth. I should always pray."

"No mummy, GET OUT OF BED AND GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY."

*****************************************************************

Yesterday David, Elisabeth and Jade were watching TV while I got their lunch ready. I had to run over to my mum's house so I told the kids where I was going and left. When I got back, the kids were no where to be seen. I called for them a few times, but they didn't answer so I continued making lunch. I guess they heard me in the kitchen because all of a sudden I heard what sounded like the three of them hopping off a piece of furniture. Before long I could hear whispers:

"I think it's mummy."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's mummy."

"well, let's go look...and remember...God is with us!"

Turns out the wind had kicked up and was making some noise. Which scared them. So they were all hiding in David's bed upstairs. Covers over their heads and repeating, "God is with us. God is with us."

Turns out those Veggie Tales videos are good for something after all!

0 comments: