Saturday, April 24, 2010

Here's a walk I did with the kids last week. We'd done the one north of our house a few times and I really wanted David to get a chance to see the local bike track. It's cool. I'm hoping to go back one day when there's no one there and walk around it. I'm sure he'd love pretending to be a bike!

This felt like a high fashion photoshoot. Maybe I watch to much ANTM!?


What on earth is happening to this tree?

After we left the bike track, we wandered through some trails. They ran under the power lines through a sort of swampy woods (not quite a forest). The houses that back on to the power lines have the most amazingly huge back yards. They must be 2 acre lots that are much deeper than they are wide. I guess living under the power lines would be the drawback, but how cool to have a wild, woodsy backyard like that!

Eventually the trail led to our usual playground (the old one, not the one behind us). We stopped to play for a bit.

I seem to remember that we were playing Star Wars. Of course David and Elisabeth were Luke and Leia. At first I wanted to be Darth Vader, but we only had one ship so I had to be Chewy.


I hate watching them climb up this. But neither of them has ever stumbled, let alone fallen so I guess it's good I let them do their own thing? Another reason we never frequented the park behind us was that the ladder to the slide was kind of a rock wall and I was way too scared to let my toddlers climb it! Better to go to this tamer park.



Eventually we left. Darth Vader had destroyed our planet and we were in search of a new one. It took us past this gorgeous tree. I don't know what kind of fruits, but obviously at least two kinds growing on here judging by the flowers. I love the spring blossoms!

Of course our walk led us through to the other playground. We stopped for a swing.


And who should we see, tearing up the hill towards us? Darth Vadar Daddy! yay!!


David's been asking for a skateboard for ages, and I was kind of planning to get him one for his sixth birthday. We found this part of a skateboard the other day though and both kids are getting a ton of enjoyment out of practicing for the real board.

0 comments: