Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Day trip to Steveston with MJ

We had a date to  meet the Nicholsons in Steveston. I remember doing this drive home from the airport after visiting my grandparents and how weird it always seemed. Looking at this picture, I think it's because there's no mountains. I'm so not used to BC being so flat. But it's pretty countryside here, isn't it?


We parked near the cannery and hung out by the entrance.


 Love this mermaid sign in the gift shop. I wonder if I could recreate it...


We did a tour inside the cannery. I've never done one before. It was really interesting. Plus we got to go out here and look at the boats.


Which was a beautiful spot to take pictures of my Ellie :)




I don't remember what the tour was about here, but I do remember how glorious the sun felt here, protected from the wind.




Lots of really cool machinery in the cannery. If you like taking pictures of weird things. If you like history, do the tour. Did you know that children used to work in the cannery? Lots of very interesting facts like this one!!


My children love all the recorded information too.



And, for the first time, my kids got to try all the interactive stuff. Hah. So glad they don't think they're too cool for this stuff yet.







Aren't the costumes great?






 Yeah. I take a lot of pictures.






 Michelle found $20 under these chairs; coffee was on her!




 Which, after I took a couple more pictures, we hastened to grab!





Then, we decided to walk down to the water front...





They moved the fish boats. It's a little empty down this end.






Then it was lunchtime.




We were hungry. ha ha




 We decided to walk our lunch off and headed towards Garry Point Park.




Where they were filming, and so they had a brilliant carnival. If only it was a real carnival.






0 comments: