Monday, August 21, 2017

Staff Faculty Day


The third Monday in August is always a day for hanging out with all the staff and faculty. This year, that coincided with the lunar eclipse. So the theme for the day was science.

Everyone got special glasses for viewing the eclipse. If you didn't have a pair of those, or some other contraption to view the eclipse, you probably would have thought it was much ado about nothing.


Since the kids were still off school, they came with me.


Have you ever viewed an eclipse before? I expected the world to get very dark and that it would be really obvious something was up. But it didn't, although I feel like the colour changed. And it got several degrees cooler.



When we'd had enough of watching outside, we ventured into the science building to watch live on the big screen. The lecture hall was set up so we could do that.



 It was pretty rad to see it all happen like this. I'm glad we got to be a part of it because I probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

 Outside my coworkers were doing dances...to celebrate something to do with the sun and moon.

 Then we filled out a questionnaire.









0 comments: