Sunday, August 13, 2017

The long road home

All good things must come to an end. This post is way out of order and I'm not going to sort it.

I always love stopping at the Beaver Loop in Manning Park. I've still never managed to be there at dawn or twilight, but I just know if one day I am, I'll see a moose coming out of the mists into the marsh.









It's a quick ten minute walk, even if you're like me and a little snappy with the camera. And just so beautiful.


















We also stopped at Lightning Lakes. It's been one of my favorite spots since Andrew and I were there when we were a newly engaged couple.







There was some crazy race going on. 100km race through the mountains. Or maybe miles. Crazy in any case.

Here are my sleeping cherubs.

Saying good bye to gross papa.


It's always hard.



And we hadn't gotten there yet this summer, so we stopped at Mrs. Tickleberrys.



















*sigh* this was the last of my holidays for the summer, bar one weekend camping trip right before school started. We headed back to work and hit the ground running. I'm blogging this over Christmas break. I've been sick since the day before my Christmas vacation started and I go back to work in two days. I really do blame it on the fact that there's just no down time in my life anymore. Not at work, not at home. I'm going to work on that in 2018.












0 comments: