Saturday, February 10, 2018

Just keep swimming


After 22 or 23 days straight of rain, we finally got some sunshine for Family Day weekend. Our home stay student, Tommy had jazz band practice in Delta so while we waited for him to finish, we drove up the road to Crescent Beach.


I reminded David of how big these rocks seemed when we first started coming here, and what a feat it was for him to stand on top of them. So he showed off by jumping from rock to rock.


Since David's surgery, he's lost 8 pounds. He still has about another ten days of not really being able to eat much in the way of food OY.


 Anyway, we managed the longest walk I've done since before Christmas. Of course, what with Andrew's foot and knee, we didn't really walk super fast, but it was a LONG walk. And the fresh air was amazing.


In my photography class I've been learning about high and low key photography. That's playing with over and under exposing photographs. It makes for a more dramatic photograph, depending on the purpose of course.


I've already been playing with exposure, especially on rainy days in the forest. The colours are so much more dramatic. But if you look on Pinterest you'll find all kinds of interesting ways to experiment with it.


Anyway, back to the kids: Elisabeth's hair colour has completely washed out except for the green. I may have called her my little leprechaun baby. Then I glanced back and saw both my children walking like this.

"What on earth are you doing?" "We're leprechauns!"


Seriously.


 Isn't our beach beautiful?



 Then we walked the Dunsmuir Trail till we got to these little guys <3


In the gardens, there were signs of spring. That's where I got to play with exposure :)



0 comments: