Friday, July 08, 2005

And we're off!!


Posted by Picasa
I honestly didn't think this day would ever come.

Davey always hated being on his stomach. Like pretty much from the moment he was born. So I didn't even bother trying to force him to have much tummy time. I just assumed that somehow he'd go straight to walking.

Did he ever prove me wrong!

While we were in Ontario, Davey spent a morning playing with his cousins Emma and Melanie. Neither is really close to his age. Emma is four and a half and running all over the place. Melanie is five months old, but she's not doing much moving yet. But somehow, playing with them, he didn't mind being on his tummy. In fact, it was while we were in Ontario that Davey perfected backwards crawling.

But it wasn't until this week that he really started motoring. Now, you put him down in one place and there's no telling where he'll be next. And because he's been standing and pulling himself up for ages, if you put him down in one place he might be standing in another...or climbing up something somewhere else....or trying to dive headfirst off yet another thing.

Today I HAD to get out of the house, but we only had an hour or so and it was raining. So we decided to go to Chapters and look at books. Now as you know, I only have one arm in operation these days, so that makes it kinda hard to carry Davey AND look at more than the covers of books. Well these days, I just throw the kid on the floor (preferably facing the direction I'm hoping to peruse) pick up some books and sort of follow him. It's great. I'm gonna get a basket attached to his back and he can be my little shopping mule.

Good times.

0 comments: