Saturday, June 23, 2007

Mommy and Davey date day

Yesterday, while Daddy watched Elisabeth for me, Davey and I went to the Zoo. We left just before 12 noon...and just as I turned onto 264th, this is what I saw in my review....


But he was quite happy to wake up and go to the zoo, so in we went. The whole purpose of our trip was to ride the train, but the first ticket we could get was for 1:40....so we decided to walk around.

For the first time ever, both the giraffes we re out while I was there. But one was especially friendly.

I do mean friendly!!

Davey wasn't quite sure he should be riding on the giraffe though.


We got to the tiger enclosure and not only was the tiger doing a little show, he was growling the whole time too. SCARY!

The jaguar was out and prowling too. And then we got to the baboon enclosure. This old guy was desperately hoping for a snack.

Hazina and her new friend were out suntanning.


Davey liked this hippo best.

And he was very interested in this upturned tree. Lately he says, "we're going on a journey mamma." And that's what he said as we trekked off into the BC type part of the zoo.



Looking at the hipppos from the other side. I might add...Davey walked the whole zoo by himself. I was mighty impressed (and grateful!)

"I run to my mummy!"

Then we got to the train. He decided he was too scared to ride. I think that's our fault for putting him on that carnival ride last weekend. Hopefully he'll forget his fear quickly since he loves trains so much.

Today Davey and I get to go on another Mommy Davey Date...this time to the movies!

For those of you who are interested (Mum & Kat) I updated my crafty blog finally.

0 comments: