Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Monday night a very exhausted Tinky went to bed at 6 pm. That's a good 60-90 minutes earlier than usual. She's been waking up pretty regularly at either 2 am or 5 am for a bottle then going back to sleep till about 7. Well she slept from 6pm till 5 am, had her bottle and slept until I woke her up at 1130am!!! WOW. The only thing Andrew and I can think of (since she has no other symptoms of not being well) is that she's growing. So I measured her this morning: 30.5 inches! That means she's about an inch taller than Davey was at a year old!

Just now I was looking at Davey and thinking he's really tall so I measured him too...39 inches on the dot. That's 3 inches in the 7 months since his birthday. Wow. No wonder I seem to go through clothes like crazy on them.

Davey has been personalizing songs more. Take Monday for example: We'd just spent a very naughty half hour in London Drugs with Davey tormenting his sister the whole time I was trying to talk to very nice man in the camera department. Once we were in the car on our way home Davey reverted back to "sweet child" mode and began singing "You are my Mummy, my only mummy. You make me happy..." Melt my heart! (oh, and he's not deliberately naughty...I think he's trying to play with Tinky. But she doesn't like it when he touches her, her hair or even her half of the stroller...she's a rotten little sweetie.)

And speaking of my angelic daughter, she's been scooting for a while. This morning she scooted all over the living room, examining anything interesting she found along the way. She stopped briefly at my computer to gnaw on the printer cable and then made her way to hers and Davey's bedroom where she's happily playing with the jingle bells in there.

Which reminds me. After hours of crying, we did manage to get her to fall asleep in her crib in her room last week. But since then she absolutely will not even go in the crib, crying hysterically if we even get her near to it. So this morning I moved the play pen into my closet and we'll see if she'll sleep in that. Cause seriously, she's getting permanent grooves on her head from being squished into that bassinet!!

It's her TEN MONTH birthday today, so once we've got ourselves a bit more organized I'll try and get a picture to add to this posting...

0 comments: