Sunday, June 17, 2007

Somehow I feel like we had a crazy weekend, but in retrospect we didn't really do all that much. Strange how that happens sometimes. On the other hand, we have a HUGELY busy 8 days ahead of us (well, I do) and it's already making me tired!

Here's a picture of the kidlets having their morning bottle. Yes, I still let Davey have a bottle. Especially with him having been sick so much this spring I feel it's important for him to get some kind of nutrient in him. And we don't drink milk (davey is massively allergic anyway) so this is one way to do it.

Elisabeth likes to get some stretching in while she drinks.

I tried to get a picture of Jade, David and Elisabeth, but Ellie would only cry. Her crying seemed to bring out the maternal side of Jade...


But this is what happened to Davey:


Davey loves hugging and kissing his sister. She's not always so receptive to it. See the protective hand on her back?

And how he's leaning in to give her a snuggle? And notice how she's leaning as far away from him as she can?? Little rat!


Yesterday, Elisabeth decided to start trying to pull up on things. She's tried on our couch before, but there aren't really any good places to get a good handhold so she usually ends up falling over. Yesterday she managed to get to standing several times though. Encouraged by this, today she decided to try proper crawling (as opposed to the sitting down scooting she normally does). She's been crawling up a storm today, though she does alternate between scooting and crawling.

We also discovered that she likes to practice these tricks in bed. A couple of weeks ago she was crying in her bed and Andrew found her sitting up against the back of it. To our knowledge she couldn't sit up on her own. Then last week I found her stuck on her belly...she'd been rolling over and got caught in her bedclothes. Only she's never rolled over in our sight before. If she falls onto her back she only lies there crying until you rescue her.

So obviously she could both roll over and sit up, just she only does it in secret. Well it seems maybe she's more confident in her ability as she's started sitting up, rolling over and crawling in public now. I wonder if walking will follow soon?

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Nice pics!! I like your new layout on here too! I love the cute little bear picture up on top! that's cute!

It floods a lot back home (in Ohio) where I grew up too. I always thought it was exciting as a child.

There are some pics of my older brother and me, and I too am leaning far away from him. Heh! Your pictures of your little ones reminded me of that.

It's kind of cute that Davey cries when Tink does! I bet they'll be close when they grow up.

:-)