Thursday, August 16, 2007

Last weekend I must have been feeling the itch to do some gardening. On Saturday we went to Little Mountain Nurseries and bought a few bags of bark mulch, two different kinds of fertilizer, soil and dirt. Mostly I just improved on our gardens, but this little spot here was nothing but a bit of weird looking dirt. So on one of our walks I found some more of these rocks and extended the dirt some. Used some of the soil I bought and made a mini flower bed. Looks pretty good I think. I picked the black eyed susans, Davey loaded everything else up onto the cart. He was very excited to be in a garden store!!


This is Elisabeth yesterday afternoon enjoying some popcorn in the yard.

Trying on her big brother's boots. She didn't like them much.

And he didn't like her wearing them much! After this he wore one of each pair so that she couldn't wear a matched pair.

Playing at her water table. The next best thing to a bath! She loves water so much! The day we were moving in here I was trying to unpack the kitchen while the movers finished carrying our stuff in. She was not content anywhere and there wasn't anywhere for her to have a nap. So I filled the sink up with water, stripped her naked and plopped her in. I got a good 90 minutes of work done!!

I'm not sure why he's crying here. Poor little sap, yesterday was a hard day for him. He did an awful lot of crying. Today we went out to visit mum and Kat and the girls. He was SO excited. Then slept all the way home again. Much better day today!


Tonight while he was waiting for Andrew to come home. he's playing and eating at the same time.

After dinner we went to the nearby elementary school. Tink was so excited she almost jumped out of my arms before I could get her to the playground!!

FINALLY she gets to play like all the other kids!



Holy moley was she ever exhausted by the time we got her home. I think she just did laps around this playground the whole time we were there. No fear.



Here Davey is taking a nap on a little ledge. Right after that he got the idea that he needed his diaper changed and that I should do it right here on the ledge.







1 comments:

Grandma_bel said...

Poor Davey. I like your flower bed.Hope we get to see you all again soon. xoxo