Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm sure everyone knows by know that we had a little dump of snow on Monday night. We really only had maybe two inches of snow, but it's amazing how it shuts down life. We live about 1/3 of the way up a mountain, really not far at all. But cars trying to make it up to our part of the hill had tons of trouble. In fact, a lot of them just parked at the bottom and walked up. Seriously. On Tuesday morning, we saw this car in the ditch. Scary!


But we also had this amazing view as Andrew drove us into Langley.

Santa made a surprise visit to our house. Davey got quite a kick out of it.


Santa-in-training:

When I was Davey's age, and my hair finally grew, I had a 'fro. WAY curlier even than Davey's. But when I got my hair cut, the curls disappeared...So understandably when I cut Davey's hair in October I was really worried he'd lose his curls forever. I'm happy to report they're still there!!

And tonight Kat and Cody had their work Christmas Party in Vancouver. So we have the girls overnight. And did our annual trip to Great West Life's Spirit of Christmas at Trinity Western in Langley. Here are all our kidlets:

Let me just say that it has improved a bazillionfold since last year! As we were walking from our car on site, we followed this horse drawn wagon. We made it to the wagon station in time to hop on for a ride of our own. All the kids loved it, but Tink happily mooed and neighed and bounced the whole time! And every time we saw the horses after that she tried to run after them...

The path to the main attraction in the Student Centre.

This year they had a whole section for the kids with crafts. The Beat (radio station) was there and wanted to do an interview with a child who had been there to get their opinion on the event. They asked Ashlie to do it and she got to do a live interview. She was so excited to be famous!

They also had a balloon guy do cool balloon shapes. Davey was RIGHT THERE in front and got the first balloon...a balloon candy cane. I couldn't believe he was so bold.

Waiting to do Ashlie's interview.

Then my batteries died. But we also did the Live Nativity which was awesome.


The event goes on all day tomorrow. We totally recommend it. Check out the link above...

0 comments: