Thursday, November 08, 2007

no new pictures, but we're going away this weekend so hopefully there will be lots of cool pictures when we get back.

A few quirky things from the mouths of my kidlets:

Elisabeth loves to read. She doesn't so much like to be read to. But she will sit quite happily on my lap and look at the book her own way. Tonight I was trying to read a story to her. The first time I managed to get most of the book read. The second time through she let me sort of paraphrase. The third time she whipped through the pages, randomly saying, "what's that?" then turning the page before I could answer. And gleefully shouted "the end!" at the end.

I was sitting on the floor reading when Davey came and took my face in both his hands. When he had my attention he stroked my hair, Your hair looks great today mummy. Then, taking my hands, "you're a nice girl".

Davey, on noticing that the door stop had been unscrewed from the wall, "Our house is broken!! We need to move."

Elisabeth constantly asks, "what's that" and makes you repeat the same things over and over and over...Now she's progressed to, "where's Daddy?" "where is it?" and "ceiling".

She can also say soosie and Juice (thought they sound very similar) and can say a very compelling, "Pleeeease". She loves "baby"s and still shouts, "heh WOOO" and tadtoo (thank you). She goes nuts when she hears the garage open in the evening because her daddy is home. She stands at the top of the stairs with one leg, one arm and most of her head through the baby gate shouting, "heh woooo" and "daddy" alternately then insists on being picked up immediately. I'm a bit jealous, but even I can admit that's cute.

0 comments: