Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I mentioned last week that I am back at work part time. I've been back at Power to Change helping Andrew and the IT department with revamping their Intranet. Oh am I ever having fun! I can't believe how quickly the time goes by...even when Andrew and I spend the WHOLE day charting a task list (like we did yesterday) I'm still amazed to glance at the clock and find it's already 3:30! That said, I'm SO tired!! I guess I'm still getting used to using my brain for such long stretches ;)

Okay, just kidding. I have to be very disciplined lately, lots of balls in the air:
We have to keep our house immaculate at all times. You never know when we might get a showing. So even when we leave to walk around the block the house is ready for guests.
We're on a tight budget - an exercise in self discipline - all lunches, breakfasts, dinners must be planned in advance and made before we leave for work! No more whipping up hotdogs and fruit at 1220!!
Bed time. Yah. I have to stop reading till all hours and make sure I'm in bed at a reasonable hour. All this cleaning and cooking and planning and brain using is tiring...and 545 comes very, very early!

Thank goodness for my seriously awesome sister and her family who have been taking such good care of Davey and Tink. I could never leave them if I didn't know they were being loved up like they are at the Lyths!!

Onto my blogging...

What on earth is Tinker doing here? Why the belly, Elly??

Oh, I see. It's not just me who is learning a new routine these days...

We're all learning to adjust our bed times (and pack snacks for the commute home!)

Okay, onto happier times. Here we are on the Rotary Trail near our house. I LOVE this walk! So peaceful and beautiful. The kids love it too.

Of course we have to stop and throw some rocks in the water. I prefer when we find a side stream to play by instead of the raging river...

After she woke from her nap the other day, Tink wanted to play in the basket. I wanted a shot of her outfit, but she wouldn't let me see the bottom half.



Ah! Finally!

Another shot of her yesterday morning.

See, she really did keep her glasses on for breakfast. Rough night, Elle?

And of course, Davey wanted his picture taken too. Nice teeth boyo! On Monday while I did chores, Davey sat at my desk and practiced drawing faces for 2 hours. He did 20 different drawings. Some with ears, some with freckles, some with hair. He drew a self portrait that had arms and legs but the rest were just faces. SO cute!!

1 comments:

Katherine said...

why were they crying???
tink in the basket is cute :)