Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yesterday I had a hair appointment in Cloverdale. I only trust one person with my fabulous hair (cause she's the only one who can make my fine, limp locks look fabulous) and that's Cary. So since we had to go ALL the way out there, we kept going and headed to Crescent Beach.

It's been ages since we were last out there. And quite frankly? The bloom is off the rose. Keep reading, possum.

First stop, the Wired Monk.

On a side note, this place is such a disappointment to me.

It has the potential to be truly awesome. It's in a gorgeous building. They have an amazing menu, great location, good vibe going. I love the patio. But the service is horrendous. Every single time we go. Half the time they're out of food. Like the basics for their menu at lunch time on a weekend. Uhm hello? Ever heard of planning? And their staff are always just plain rude. We give it a try about once a year, but I think we've Officially Given Up.

Anyway, after a mediocre lunch, we started walking down the beach. Tink had to go in the stroller because the tide was out. Like you could have walked to whatever land that is you can see from Crescent Beach the tide was out so far. Which means there was lots of lovely green sand to dig in. Yuck. I'm afraid the gorgeous white sands of Harrison have ruined us for the smelly sands of CB. BUT we were willing to let our kids scrub in the sand nearer the pier - the tide doesn't go out as far there, and the water is deeper and faster so the beaches are cleaner.

But on the way we saw our old log cabin...burned to the ground. The kids (all three of them) were devastated.

Flying along the beach.

It was actually very nice here. There was a breeze blowing which made the air nice and fresh, and made the temperature very mild. Lots of rocks to throw in the water, and it was nice and quiet here. I was actually very surprised there weren't more people at the beach. Maybe they were all walking across where the tide was out around the corner...

I had to put this picture in because this spot always reminds me of Chadya. I miss you!!

Playing with stones.

Davey is very into drawing right now. Here he is practicing his happy faces in the sand. Incidently, someone drew with sidewalk chalk all over my bedroom wall today. I'm just glad it's not felt.

Tink walked all the way up the beach like this saying, "Jammies on?" I think she meant, "Clothes off?" Easy mistake. She'd been squatting at the water's edge and gotten her skirt wet.


Now that we've taken her dress off she's able to paddle to her heart's content.



Now I bet you're all looking at this picture and thinking "awwwww". That's only cause you can't hear what's going on.


Andrew kept building little walls with those stones (you know, all the pictures with the kids playing with the stone henge type things). And the kids kept coming and trying to play with them. So finally the kids were preoccupied playing in the water, and Andrew managed to set up a whole circle of standing stones with an intricate piled stone thingie in the middle. And Tink came along and was watching. And inching closer. And finally sat down right on the whole thing. So tink is looking at me (very pleased with herself I might add) and Andrew is saying, "ARGGGGGHHH!!

See, not sweet at all ;)

0 comments: