Monday, June 02, 2008

This is Tink pretending to be a pirate.

Yesterday morning they made a fort and ate their breakfast inside it.
Cute little pig tails (she was reading herself a story and half asleep. She's trying to quit napping. I can't quite get her to nap every day, but I do try!!)

This is tonight...playing at her self made table.

Our microwave died on Monday so Andrew and I bought a new one today. Here Andrew is connecting it up. Luckily all we had to do was slide it on the supports, thread the cord through the hole in the cabinets and plug it in!!


I don't want it to be a shock to our kids when we move, so I've been trying to talk about it more as we go about our daily conversation. So I'll tell Davey about, "when we get to our new house" or explain that our things will have to be packed. Though his enthusiasm for the actual new house and moving seems to change from day to day he does talk about how we're "getting a new house because this one is broken." Not quite what I've been trying to communicate, but at least we've opened the lines of communication.

I've also been doing some painting and he often asks to help. I tell him that this house needs to be done by mummy and daddy, but that he can help when we get to our new house. That brought grunts of disgust until I told him he can do his room any way he wants...even a lightning mcqueen room if he wants. To which he squealed with delight and Tink asked, "dora?"

Oh yes, she's starting to understand much more than I give her credit for. She's not as bossy as she was a few weeks ago, but she talks up a storm. And understands so much it's scary.

Today in the car David kept putting raisins on the bridge of his nose and saying "look at me, I'm a dinosaur!" Elisabeth quickly copied him and put a raisin under her nose (she didn't quite get the concept) and calling, "look at me!" Only then she discovered that raisins perfectly fit up your nose to dangle out for ultimate gross appeal. Oh yes, she's the character in the family.

She also likes story time. Only she doesn't like us reading to her. She sits in the arm chair and we all have to sit on the sofa (sometimes I can hold her, but only if I don't touch the book, the pages or her in anyway) and she makes up elaborate stories for each page in the book. Very funny. Especially as she'll skip over her less than favorite pages.

Tomorrow I start back at work. It's sort of a transition to get the kids used to being daycared (thanks Kat!) and to help Andrew out with a big project that is snowing him under. So, I'm working most of tomorrow and Friday, and then Tues- Thurs next week with Andrew. Then the following week I start back at TWU for training and a one year position. I'm nervous about being away from the kids so much and yet at the same time I can't wait to have real adult conversations and maybe even be challenged in new ways. Give me a month and ask me how I feel about it then ;)

1 comments:

Carolyn Marie said...

mwah ha ha...