Sunday, June 15, 2008

When I asked Andrew what he wanted to do for Father's Day, he asked for a picnic at Harrison Lake. Obviously, it didn't take much to persuade me, and off we were.

There were some men there with their remote controlled sail boats. Andrew asked for RC boats on his Christmas list. I couldn't find any in our budget. These were beauties, and there were at least two more on one of the docks. At one point there were five old men on a bench playing with the controls (or admiring the boats, I'm not sure). Davey kept asking for a turn. Guess I have to buy both my boys one eventually ;)

Do you all remember when our good camera died? I ask because my dad missed the post and when I was talking to him about it, he had no idea. Anyway, I'm SO glad I bought that HP camera on a whim last fall. At least I can keep up with blogging with the pictures I take using it. But the zoom doesn't exist.

I asked Andrew today if I could sell one of his kidneys to buy a new camera. He laughed nervously and said something along the lines of, "that'd be funny if I didn't think you were serious."

It's true. We're leaving for Switzerland in a few short weeks and the only thing stopping me from rushing out and stealing a new camera is the fact that my dad is coming with us and his camera is the model in between my first digital and the one that just broke. So all I have to do is make sure that *I* get to carry it at all times and that I have my spare memory cards with me.

But I still miss being able to frame my pictures and choose settings.

This giant thing was another of Andrew's creations. He doesn't let us play with him. The kids don't care because they think he builds these things for them to climb on and paddle in. And they don't want to build realistic looking, beautiful castles with me because they're not huge and awe inspiring. I'm jealous.




This is where the both decided to start shrieking. Thank goodness there weren't many people on the beach. They were LOUD.




Check out those legs.


Here's a closer look...
Did I ever blog about how I shut Davey's finger in the bathroom door? Well, I did. Several weeks ago. I prayed for him the instant I did it and the pain seemed to go away pretty quick and his nail never changed colour or did anything like that. But with all our beach going I noticed he was getting sand right under his nail, almost to the nail bed. Kathi managed to clean it out (he hoots and hollers when I try, even if I do what she did). But today he was digging and it came almost all the way off. There's a tiny bit that's still attached in one corner. I'm just waiting for him to fall asleep so I can take the bandaid off and see what's going on there. I think he knows what I'm planning though because he won't go to sleep. He's had several snacks, multiple glasses of water, washed the car and made many excuses to come down. I was easy on him at first because he didn't eat any dinner and he's not fat enough for me to let him go to bed hungry. But now he's in bed with firm warnings of the hiding to come if he doesn't go to sleep. And I'm getting light headed already just thinking of looking at that finger nail.

...kat I really wish you lived closer. I know you'd take care of it for me if you were here...

0 comments: