Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bear with me, this is a really, really long post...

Mum, Dad and anyone else who feels like reading this...there are a lot of pictures here and some of them have made it to Facebook. But here and there, scattered in the middle are lots that haven't. And also the Thanksgiving pictures. So labour on, and you'll be rewarded ;)

Okay, so after my big trip to Edmonton last weekend, and especially after that very sad movie we watched, I really missed my kids. So I took pictures of them every morning. Here's a few of my cuties. Notice they're already sick of my picture taking :)


This might be their pumpkin patch ensemble! Love the orange!!
Thursday morning Elisabeth set off for preschool and Andrew, David and a buddy, jonah, and I all set of for Dave's Orchard with the Kindergarten class.

We learned all about how vegetables are grown and harvested. Then we got to pick some produce of our own.

After a brief introduction to the orchard (and beets) we set off for the field.

And we each picked 3 beets. YUM :)
We got two carrots each.

And two ears of corn. Then we took our corn stalks to the cow field and got to feed the cows.


Here we all are, both the AM and PM kindergarten classes and Mrs. Rutter.

Friday we rode our bikes around for a while.

We did a big, scary bike ride. Hopefully I learned my lesson about taking them out without another adult...maybe one that can run fast. Ahem. Anyway. That was the afternoon.

Along with some digging. We like to dig.



Then, we decided that since it was definitely fall, we should have dinner at the river and bring some of the branches we'd cut from our trees.

See, definitely fall. And soooo beautiful!

Andrew and I tried for a good picture of ourselves. I think we need professional help!


Then Elisabeth made dessert.

Hmn, or make that, burned dessert!!


Fire makes us all a little crazy :)

Even the littlest one.

Saturday we woke up and UNCLE ROB WAS HERE!! So we dragged him off to Fort Langley to the Cranberry Festival.


We checked out the fire truck.
Got some free apples (they were DELICIOUS!)
And we all tried the Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice. I had Pomegranate Cranberry. yum. I even bought it for our dinner last night!



Then we wandered to the river to watch the Lyths row in the Cranberry Regatta. We caught them on a break so we all played under the trees.

It was very, very cold!!





Finally the races started again.

And one boat capsized. Can I just say how scary that was? I would have been absolutely terrified. I know they had life vests on, but I'm a total freak in the water. And it was freezing out. And they were the furthest point they could have been from help.

So I prayed really hard and took lots of fuzzy pictures and everyone made it out okay. Thank God!


So we left (because I didn't want to watch my brother in law or his family get dunked.) and found this HUGE pumpkin.

And two really cute kids.

Saturday night we had a little Uncle Party for David's birthday. Oh, and thanksgiving dinner. YUM! Then this morning we had pumpkin pancakes. Then, Rob, David and Elisabeth had a sword fight in the basement.


And David played with his new Optimus Prime (thanks Uncle Rob!!)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love the new blog layout.
Pic at the top is wonderful.

ramblin'andie said...

Thanks Jane. I love it too!