Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wow, I can't believe it's been more than 2 weeks since I last blogged - again! You can tell we've been busy around here!

I've been doing some reading on kids and healthy eating. Both of my kids eat reasonably healthy, but there's always room for improvement, right? With David, the biggest road block is veggies. He loves beets, peas, carrots, corn and potatoes. And in soup he'll eat almost any veggie. I tried giving David raw veggies while I cooked dinner so he could snack on them. But he just waited for dinner and then ate the hot stuff. So I tried something new: making a fun plate of healthy food while he waited for the real thing. He thought it was awesome but still didn't eat many of the raw carrots. Oh well, we'll just keep trying and eventually he'll have a bigger repertoire!


On the thirteenth, Andrew's parents arrived for ten days. On their first full day in town, we decided to try and keep things low key and so we headed to the park behind our house. Jade came too.









0 comments: