Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What on earth?!

No, this isn't some crazy game of dress up, we're getting ready for more chores! Can you guess what we're up to?

Yup, that's right. Andrew decided we need to stain our play house. And the kids are going to help. It was one of the hottest days of the year, so we all needed protection from the sun and from the stain!

This lovely shade of Gettysburg Blue was chosen by David. I'd envisioned a more traditional brown stain, but I have to say the blue is growing on me.

The kids were AMAZING. We did a full day of painting the first day, and at least a half day on the second day and they didn't complain once. In fact, David exclaimed several times that, "Painting and climbin are my favorite things to do!" I think it helped that we let him use the ladders too.


And here is the almost finished product. Lets hope it lasts for a long time to come!

0 comments: