Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Apparently Tuesdays are Play Group Days at the Beach!

Today was so beautiful out that I just knew I had to steal the car and make for the beach. Seems every other parent/grandparent/caretaker/preschool had the same idea. Everyone at the beach today had toddlers/babies with them. Wow. So we decided to travel incognito...

Shortly after arriving at the beach proper, I of course made the children pose for pictures.

(See...this is why we had to be at the beach today. Those are snowcapped mountains in the background. nice.)
We ended up making friends with two other families. First a little boy and his mum who were collecting stones and shells. Davey and Riley had great fun chasing each other all over the beach and throwing rocks in the water. I was a bit worried that since Davey hasn't really played with another child on the beach since summer that he might get carried away and throw rocks at Riley, but he was good. PHEW!


I had actually intended to do quite a walk at the beach to get some exercise in. But with all these chatty parents we mostly walked until we got stopped by the next group who wanted to hang out. But that's okay too. I can be friendly when I have to ;oP

Our next little friend was Jack and his dad. Jack was 18 months old and doesn't get to play with other boys and girls. He was adorable. In that stage where he's walking pretty well, but still almost as round as he is tall and had the most gorgeous eyes. Davey didn't understand why he didn't want to run off like Riley had done.


This is how I feel on days like today too:

I'm glad my children share my love of the beach. Now we can all look forward to coming here every single day from April to October...


Davey...snacking on a vitamin c.

The girls, playing while I fed tinkie.


Lately Tink's been getting a lot of bottles (since she doesn't want to nurse as much). She tends to drool some of the milk out and we dab at her chin with a kleenex. She doesn't much like getting her face dabbed, and she doesn't understand why she can't eat the kleenexes. But she almost always tries to make a grab for them and munch. Today I was tickling her face with the kleenex and she loved that. Then later I grabbed a fresh one to dab her chin and she managed to grab it off me. She gave me the cutest look, then quickly ticklydabbed her own chin then looked at me again, proud as punch, "check it out mamma, I can clean my own chin now. hee hee!"

0 comments: