Friday, February 09, 2007

Davey got himself some new boots and other tales

I think I mentioned recently that both of our kids have been growing like crazy lately. Well, I've noticed that davey's fabulous crocodile boots have been bugging him. So yesterday we went rubber boot shopping. We finally landed at Panda Shoes and let Davey pick which of the four boots he liked the best (dinosaurs, frogs, Thomas or these fire truck boots).


Today was an odd day. First of all, Tink seems to either have reverted to the schedule she was on before Christmas (YAY!) or possibly have a moderate version of the cold Davey had. She did a lot of sleeping today in anycase. I took full advantage of that fact and got a lot of housework and even some projects done (like framing a few of the pictures we had done in October).

Those of you who attend church in the lower mainland, have you ever had pictures done by Triad photographic? We've had them done twice. The first time they did quite a good job and we had cards done for Andrew's supporters. Expensive, but decent as far as studio pictures go. Then this October we had pictures done and they weren't fabulous, but they did get a great picture of Davey. So we ordered some as presents for the grandparents.

We still haven't gotten our pictures. I've called them so many times, emailed, even filed a complaint with BBB and I can't even get a call back or an acknowledgment from them. I'm so disappointed. Never, ever using them again! If our church does another photo directory I'll submit my own picture!

Anyway, that aside, here's a picture of Jadey. When they showed up at mum's today Jade just looked so gorgeous I had to get a picture. This is one outfit I hope lasts for Tinky to use!

Speaking of Tinky and outfits, she ended up wearing three different outfits today. First I put her in this little tennis dress and cute spring tights. But then I left her within reach of Jade's smoothie and she of course tried to grab it and ended up with smoothie allllll over her.

So then I put her in this outfit. This outfit reminds me of her grandma in Ontario. She would love this (in fact, she gave us the cardigan when I was pregnant.) Dad gave Jadey this dress etc. when she was a baby. Adorable, right?


But then the rain let up and we wanted to go outside, so she had to put something warmer on. I wanted to go for a walk, but the stroller was in the car (at Andrew's work). So we went for a ride in the wagon. She's big enough to sit in it now!

At one point Davey was pulling her around, but the pictures didn't turn out very good. It was very cute. She was a bit worried until she saw I was walking alongside of davey. Smart girl knowing her brother can be a bit...exuberant! I love this picture. Looks like she's saying, "who...me? awwwwww!"


chomping on my camera strap while I'm trying to snap pictures.

Davey pushed his car into his favorite puddlejumpingpuddle and used it as extra support while he bounced in the water.

And this is his favorite tree. I'm so glad there are trees on our property. When I was growing up, we lived on a farm. All around the house were big evergreens that were amazing for climbing. Their branches were perfect for going so high. AND at the bottom was one set of thick branches that split into a Y shape, with another set a bit higher, perfect for pretending you were waterskiing and bouncing up and down on.


Of course you can't go outside without stopping for a quick trip down the slide...

And on the swings. Here my beautiful boy gives his sister a push on the swings. I'm so proud of him for the way he loves on her and plays so well with her. I know he feels left out sometimes, but he does so well at adapting and never treats her poorly despite not getting as much attention as he used to. He's such a sweet, loving little chappie.

Swinging = pure glee.

One of the hazards of living in BC: Your sandbox just isn't the same after a few months of winter.

Luckily my little water lover makes the best of a soggy deal.


0 comments: