Monday, February 12, 2007

Kiss Me I'm Irish (Christine, this one's for you!)

Davey is getting really good at talking. He speaks in complete sentences a great portion of the time, and I love hearing it. Even when he's being whiny or sad. It's an amazing thing to be able to watch and hear your child develop in this way. Even better, I love how his personality is expressed through his words.

I'm not sure if it's because he hears people cooing over his sister so frequently, or even if it's because people still (occasionally) fawn over him, but lately everything is 'cute'.

Tonight my brother Dave came downstairs to use our barbecue, and decided to eat his dinner with us. Every once in a while he had to get up and check on the food he was bbq-ing. At one point he got up from the table and just as the door clicked shut Davey commented with a sigh, "he's so cute". heh. Even Uncle Dave got a kick outta that.

Have you ever watched a child dance? They have no inhibitions, probably partly because they have no idea what is or isn't acceptable. They just wiggle. Davey has some great moves going on. And he can be very sassy. This afternoon I was sitting on the floor talking to Elisabeth as she played in her exersaucer. Davey came running up to me, so I said, "Kiss Me" and started making kissy faces. He twisted his butt towards me and said, "Kiss my bum!" I SWEAR he's never heard that in our house! Little monkey. I managed not to laugh until I was retelling the story to Andrew this evening.

I got these hats at Old Navy this morning. We're very proud of our Irish heritage. On my mum's side we are some of the irish McDonalds. In fact, Christine blogged about a castle she visited when she was in Ireland. When our ancestors came to Ireland from Scotland they lived in that castle. Oh yah. I love British ancestry. It's so interesting. Andrew is also Irish and we have a lovely Irish last name. For those of you keeping record, that makes us British/Irish on my mum's side; Swiss on my dads and Irish/Canadian on Andrew's. We can trace our family line back to the 1000's on my mum's side. It's pretty darn interesting.

1 comments:

FRED'S PICTURES said...

Swiss and French on your Dads side.
Grosspapa :-)