Saturday, May 05, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday Andrew took the day off work to help me get some yardwork done around here. We took a quick break for lunch, then while Andrew was feeding Elisabeth her lunch I tried to get Davey to take a nap. Since he hasn't been responding well to being thrown in his crib (despite being obviously exhausted) I thought I'd try tricking him into napping with me. Well, apparently I was the one being tricked.

Some 90 minutes or more later, I wake up to Kathi in my room...I fell asleep with Davey sitting on my pillow. At some point he got up and turned on the TV (which we keep on treehouse since he knows how to turn the TVs on) and got back on the bed to happily watch TV while I dozed. Meanwhile, Andrew had brought Elisabeth and her playpen upstairs, enlisted Ashlie to watch her (unknown to mum and Kathi who just suddenly realised that Elisabeth was upstairs!) and he was outside mowing the lawn!!!

I guess I was really tired.

Anyway, Elisabeth was happy as a clam to be up with Ashlie (now we know who to get to babysit!) and Davey apparently is happy to babysit mumma.

Once I finally woke up, I brought the playpen outside so I could some yard work too. Here's Tinky LOVING being in her playpen:

Both of them watching Daddy mow the lawn:
Davey mugging for the camera:

And kissing Tinky's teddybear:

She was so excited. I found out later that she'd been trying and trying to pull herself up to standing in here, but couldn't get a good enough grip. So she was so excited that I stood her up to watch daddy. She also started crawling this week and laughs hysterically the whole time. I don't know if she's mad with power or just thinks it's hilarious to be able to move...

Goofing off with her big bro:


Later, we stopped for a popsicle break. As a joke, Andrew gave Tinky a popsicle. She LOVED it and screamed at me when I tried to take it away. So she polished off the whole thing...



Davey: "Take a picture of my popsicle mumma."

Eating the wrong end...
Yesterday evening we decided that the wind was just too good and we drove to Crescent Beach to try out this kite. We bought it at the Cloverdale Flea Market when we still lived in our little cottage, so probably in our first year of marriage...but we'd never tried it out. So here we are...

That's Andrew and Davey waaaaaay down there, but where's the kite?

Wow. Higher than the eagle even. That eagle must have been huge. He kept flying up to our kite and soaring alongside it (looked almost like he wanted to land on it) and they looked the same size. Scary.


Meanwhile, Tinky decided the food she had before we left, the popsicle, the food I gave her when we first arrived at the beach, the popcorn she stole from Davey and the bottle we fed her here weren't enough and resorted to eating sticks.


Andrew reigning the kite in for the night.

And this is my furniture project I started on while Andrew was out tonight. I'm stripping the paint off my night stands and going to paint them. I just can't decide whether to do them really dark brown or white...

0 comments: