Friday, September 07, 2007

Day at Harrison Lake

All summer we have been wanting to do the boat tour at Harrison Lake. Since we found out Andrew's parents were coming we decided to wait to do it with them and cross our fingers that we would have nice weather for the trip. Boy did we ever! It was a perfect day yesterday.


At the marina, both kids wanted to try out the seadoos and bumper boats.


If you've never done the tour, you board a small yacht and do a two hour cruise of the lake. The upstairs is open and most people want to sit upstairs. Last year there were about nine of us on the tour so it was nice up there, but this year the upstairs was completely full. We stayed up there for a while.


But Elisabeth really wanted to be able to roam. So I took her downstairs. As soon as I got down there I remembered that I actually liked sitting there better. Though it's termed the smokers' deck there weren't any smokers there yesterday. You are protected from the wind and sun a bit and still get to see everything.





This little boy was wandering around and decided our family was fun. He's from Romania originally and just going into grade one. He spoke such good English and was pretty good with the kids. Though at one point he told me he thought Tink needed a nap. He suggested I put her in the lifesaver and throw her overboard for some other family to find. I kept a good eye on him after that!!

Davey had woken up talking about Jonah. Once we got onto the boat he really started talking about the story. And pirates. But if you've seen the veggie tales version you know there are pirates in the Jonah story.



Pretending to have a nap.



Dancing: She twirls around and around, laughing the entire time.















Once back on shore we had a quick picnic followed by some beach time. Davey threw his bucket away and Andrew had to race to rescue it.



I was so surprised, but Davey waded into the water by himself. He's been very anti all things watery this summer, but he seemed to like the lake.





When two sisters arrived with their sons I left to go look at the sand sculptures with Dad.



I wish you could see better just how amazing these were. The competition is on all weekend (I think the single person teams are building now) and the sand sculptures are there to view for a good month anyway.









When I got back, Tink had fallen asleep. She woke when she heard my voice...long enough to reach for me and fall back asleep.

Then of course we had to go for icecream. DELISH!















0 comments: