Friday, September 28, 2007

Anyone still reading this?

Sometime last year I started to feel like blogging was more of a chore than a pleasure. Around that time I promised myself that if I still felt that way, I could quit when I hit post #2500. I'm at 2482. So....Does anyone look at this anymore? I haven't made my mind up one way or the other yet, since it's a good record of our kids' first few years and I am hoping to save it for them to have one day, but I am wondering...

Davey instigated a photo shoot the other day. I realised I hadn't done a real posed one in a while.

Tink wasn't quite as cooperative.

Later that day we walked out to the preschool up the hill. Tink made a bee line for the tractor.



And Davey for the leaves...



A couple showed up with their two sons who happened to be the same age as my kids. I got to talking with the mom and she was telling me about the church her family attends. It's a Fellowship Baptist (which is what we attended in Surrey) and since we haven't settled 100% on a church I said we'd come for a visit. Funnily enough, she says everyone there has a 3 year old and a one year old. Just like us. And just like everyone at our old church in Surrey.



I was also motivated to write my very first letter to the mayor today. There's been a lot of coverage in the Chilliwack papers about the desire for a commuter rail line between Chilliwack and Vancouver. Our mayor is apparently opposed to it because it would make Chilliwack a bedroom community. Isn't it already a bedroom community? Everyone I know commutes out west every day.



Big plans for tomorrow: We're heading south with my brother Rob to get some cross border shopping done. It only took me two weeks, but I've persuaded Andrew to come as well. That means I can spend more since there will be four of us (plus Rob) instead of just me ;oP I'm hoping to get my Christmas shopping done and maybe pick up some new work pants for Drew since he's starting to look like a hobo.

Oh...this is the big field next to our complex. Any minute now it will be transformed into a playground, walking trails, skate park, and street hockey court. I'm SO excited. I had heard it should be completed by this month, but since they're still dumping fill in to level it out I think we have a bit of a wait ahead of us still.

The morning mist around my favorite barn on the drive to Davey's preschool:

And another scene from our twice weekly commute. I LOVE fall!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I still read your blog. EVERY day. Every single day. Should I comment more often? Would that make a difference?

Grandma_bel said...

you better keep blogging or else!