Tuesday, March 21, 2017

I love winter!

My friend Julius and I have this long running joke about snow. And the fact that we never get any here in the Lower Mainland.

Well, this winter we got our fill. These pictures are from the first week of February.

I have to say, despite the fact that the snow sometimes upset our plans, I have loved it.

For one thing, the kids wanted to play in it. Which pleases me so much more than them playing electronics all day every day.

And it is quite pleasing to look at.


Also, I have the option to work from home. Which means I could stay warm. And dry. And not have to battle the unploughed sidewalks and roadways at work.


I suppose if I really loved my place of work, I might have been there helping to shovel. But I'm also not the fittest lump on the shelf, am I?



Anyway, as you can see, the kids LOVED playing.

Even the big kids.


The kids got an awful lot of snow days, but I still had to work. So they played in our yard. Which is how it should be, and not off adventuring all over the place. I still managed to sneak out and take pictures every now and again.



The snow man the kids built on Grandma's deck - it's been snowed on  and lost his eyes.


We still love sledding and boarding down mum's hill. Or rolling in Larry's case.



Do you know how many belly aches this girl had from eating too much snow?


Me either, but she did.



0 comments: