Friday, March 23, 2018


We took the scenic route towards Cattle Point.  Once we got past UVic, there were some more amazing blooms.






And some gorgeous houses too.


We parked at Cattle Point Boat Launch and went for a walk!


I really, really love the rocks here. It feels like a different part of the world here.


 The kids love it here because they feel like pirates. That's a big theme in our family.


 
While they tore around cliff tops, I wandered closer to sea level.



And Andrew looked for sea life.



 This is also a great place to take rock star photos for your next album.


 Speaking of rock stars, look at David's hair!


This bench reminds me of the benches up on Leiterli in Lenk. Both are places I wish I could stay forever.

 I decided to get a picture of them lookin' so cute on the rocks.

 While I was figuring out my settings, they all ran away.


And then I asked for one more picture.


And then they posed sort of nicely.




 I thought I was brave enough to do this trail. I wasn't.





Trail through the Garry Oaks.




They are the most interesting trees.


 While they jumped all over the place, I went for a walk.


There were fences around like this. Apparently they're to protect parts of the waterfront that stay damp from the water rising in the spring.



 Yeah.The fences protect the vernal pools.



I'd seen this from the road and wanted to know what it was all about.


Turns out it's a memorial to all the residents of Oak Bay who have given their lives in war.

 It's really beautiful.


From Cattle Point we went to Oak Bay. Andrew needed to buy orthotics for his foot and I wanted to go to my favorite Italian Coffee shop/deli

Where even more flowers were blooming.




 Elisabeth stole my camera again.






She's a pretty good photography, hey?!

 Lattes on the patio.




 Oak Bay is gorgeous. A quaint village with so much personality.





 And then I took more pictures of flowers.





 And kid jumping off giant acorns.



Then we went to the marina.

 To feed the seals.












What a brilliant first day of vacation.

0 comments: