Saturday, December 15, 2018

Christmas in Fairhaven


 I had a hankering to see Fairhaven at Christmas. I had an inkling it would be magical, maybe a little bit like Pioneer Square was in the 90s. I also thought we'd finally explore the entire village.

Fairhaven itself was very busy. So busy we couldn't find parking. So we drove to Boulevard Park and decided to walk from there. The first thing I saw, was the flowers on a tree above. In December? Wow.

After feeding the kids at Woods Coffee (Chadya, if you're reading this, google Woods Boulevard Park. You'd love it) we walked the boardwalk towards Fairhaven.


 It was a beautiful day for a walk.




 Elisabeth is constantly trying to make herself as tall as David.


That's Woods Coffee in the background.





 And now you're going to see Elisabeth go into rage mode, and beat Andrew up.




And David and Andrew reenacted the Titanic movie.


And then we happened upon this beautiful Christmas scene.


Someone had decorated the pathway. So pretty.




Someone was not impressed.





 Okay, then the kids went off exploring. That perked him up.





All along the boardwalk there are little markers that tell you the history of the waterfront.



It's really beautiful. I love it here.





Anyway, we finally made it to Fairhaven. Which is all brick and cobblestones and boutiques and I really love it here too.


In the courtyard they had this little set up and I made the family pose for pictures.







Here's their square/courtyard. Isn't it pretty?




 Spot the imposters in the mural.
















We stopped for pizza lunch, then while the kids were at the Warhammer 40,000 store, Andrew and I found this cute alley.








 They'd started this mural, but never got it finished. Or at least, not yet!




 Kay anyway, it was a beautiful day. In the end we wanted to leave before it got dark (I was worried I wouldn't find my way out!) but that meant we didn't see any lights.






























0 comments: