Monday, October 01, 2007

feedback

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my last posting. My brother Rob persuaded me that I should keep up with the blogging just because of the record it keeps of our children...So I guess I'd better start putting some effort into this.

Elisabeth has decided that she wants to be on the couch all the time now. Mostly she wants to jump (I'm trying to discourage her from that) but every once in a while she snuggles up to Davey. She thinks she's big. So I've resorted to taking the cushion off so that she can climb up on her own AND (more importantly) get down without hurting herself.


Davey will smile, but he won't stop looking at the TV.

On Friday Natasha and Seth came over. Both the kids were excited to have company and Seth did an amazing job of fending for himself with my hyper and rough children.



He and Tink have matching faux hawks. He just has a whole lot more hair to style into a faux hawk than she does. And they sure love sharing. And feeding each other.

Davey had his second week of preschool last week. We missed the real second week of preschool when we were all sick with our 'back to school' colds. His teachers Leah and Jayme say that he's doing pretty well in class. Leah works one on one with him and he seems to be understanding what the classwork is all about. So on Thursday I bought some crayons, markers and preschool workbooks so we could work on them at home too. He's never really been interested in colouring or drawing (other than on walls!!) before. Every day while Tink has been napping we try to do some colouring together. I am remembering just how much I've never liked colouring. That's pretty strange since I'm usually a pretty artsy person.

On Saturday we met Rob at my mum's house for a road trip to Tulalip. While we were waiting for him, I got a shot of the fence and the gorgeous fall colours.

I really wish this picture was in focus.

Davey's birthday is coming up in two weeks. We decided it was time to get Davey a big boy bed. Eventually we'd like to get him bunkbeds, but he's still a bit small for them so we settled for a Lightning McQueen toddler bed for now. I ordered it this weekend and it should be ready to pick up on Thursday. I was showing it to Davey in the Sears Wishbook (without telling him we were getting it) and he got really excited. "OH! I would like to sleep in that bed!!" Good. Perfect. And hopefully you'll stay in it too!

Awwww...here are the kids sharing breakfast. Aren't they sweet?




So as far as milestones go, what are the kids doing? Davey is really getting very interesting to talk to. He'll tell us to "stop, listen to me. You need to...Do you understand?" I wonder where he's getting that from? He can also sing the alphabet perfectly now (no more fudged letters in the middle) and he still does that little falsetto repeat of "Next time won't you sing with me" at the end. He's also making up songs of his own as always.

Elisabeth also loves to sing her ABCs though she mostly sings ACEB over and over to the tune. She's pretty good at mimicing toons and noises. Her favorite book right now is the Backyardigans pirate book because she loves to say ARRRRRR.

We had some pretty late nights this weekend and a really long day when we were in Tulalip. So today she did nothing but grizzle. Literally. And all day. I'm hoping it's just that she's tired and not another cold.


Well, that's all I can think of to say for now. My computer died a few weeks ago, so I'm restricted to using Andrew's laptop until he figures out some kind of solution. He thinks my computer is dead, but there might be some parts he can hobble together with other parts to make something until we can get a new computer. Technology...*sigh*

1 comments:

Grandma_bel said...

such little darlings, so sweet. xoxoxoxoxox