Sunday, October 14, 2007

Quickly then, here's our Sunday....

I have been so homesick for the ocean lately. And this morning I caught a glimpse of the long range weather forecast: Nothing but rain as far as the eye can see. So I guilt tripped Andrew into taking me to Crescent Beach today. We did my favorite walk, a loop around Blackie Spit.

Davey couldn't imagine why we would go to the ocean and not actually go near the water. here he's gazing longingly at the water...


A not-so-great family portrait.

Tinky having a blast being run up the hill on daddy's shoulders!



Then I sent Andrew off to take some fall pictures for me while I fed the kids lunch. Later he joined us for his own lunch.
Finally at the water, Davey tries his hand at building a log house:



Davey loves to walk balancing on things...what kid doesn't?! But he likes to play it safe too, so he does this thing with one foot up and one foot down.


Happily playing in the dirt. She was using a little stick as a scoop to shovel the dirt with.

And she did NOT like it when I told her not to shovel the dirt into her mouth!

"she's gross!" says the boy with dirt all around his mouth.


Can you see how proud she is of herself?

This is the log cabin Andrew and I started work on.

sleeping
Tink is fired up for more walking.
But Davey was plumb tuckered out.

0 comments: