Sunday, October 21, 2007

Third times a charm

So we met Tash and Riley and Mayah and the Chilliwack Corn Field... It's interesting how each corn field is so different from the others. This one is very homey... but maybe you'll get that from the pictures.

Davey and Riley check out how tall they are this fall.


Davey watches in awe as Riley corrals a steer. Pretty much everything Riley does is amazing in Davey's books.







Due to the heavy rain we've had the last few days, the train and hayrides weren't running. But there were still plenty of barny things for the kids to play on. And since the pumpkin patch is only a block or two from Tash's house (our ultimate destination!) we stayed.

And made the kids get in the train even though it wasn't going anywhere.



In the barn they have a sandbox filled with corn kernels. Even I got in to play there!





Then it was out to the pumpkin patch. I'm LOVING that these places are starting to give you wheel barrows to carry your loot in.


We piled all of ours and the A's pumpkins into one barrow. Tinky insisted on riding in there too.


See this little face, I think this is her "I'm doing this because I'm big. I don't really like doing it, but it's what big, brave girls do" face. She didn't really seem to like being in the wheel barrow, but if I took her out, she cried to get back in. Likewise, she has started wanting to shower if she sees anyone else showering. And she stands in the shower like a little soldier, soaping her belly, but with this little expression on her face. She is too cute.


Once we were done at the patch, it was home to the A's house for pumpkin carving. Here Darren and Andrew open our pumpkins so we can scoop out the guts.

MNNNNNN pumpkin guts.

Davey thought it was gross.

This is one of Mayah's contraptions. While we were all carving pumpkins, he put himself in it and started doing it up. Maybe he thought it was a space suit!!

The finished product. That's mine on the left, Darren's in the middle and Andrew's on the right. Andrew won the contest. ALL the kids except Riley voted for his. I only got Andrew's vote (boo hoo) but then I haven't carved pumpkins since....I don't remember. So I'm blaming lack of practice!!



We stayed for dinner (thanks guys!) and by the time we left our kids were pretty wasted. Davey's head was bobbing in his car seat, but he still managed to ask me to hold his hand for the ride home. When we got there, he carried his little green pumpkin (which he picked himself from the patch) up all three flights of stairs to his bedroom, then promptly asked if he and the pumpkin could go to bed!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Seriously cool looking pumpkins! I wish I could carve like that. I usually do the triangle eyes and nose with a straight mouth! :)