Tuesday, May 06, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :)

After the gorgeous and WARM weather of yesterday I decided to check on the weather forecast for today. Well...it wasn't promising anything near as nice as yesterday, but it did say it would be DRY (though cloudy) with a high of 18. Well that was good enough for me. The kids woke me up at 545 am so we were raring to get out and about.

After grabbing some snacks at Superstore, we headed EAST to Harrison Hot Springs. There was a TON of construction happening in Agassiz, but that turned out to be okay because it gave tinker some extra time to nap in the car (guess these early mornings are getting to her too!)

Anyway, it was very pleasant in HHS. Breezy, but not cold. And there were two other families there for about the first 10 minutes and after that we had the WHOLE beach to ourselves. Ahhhhhh...

Here Tink shows me her dirty hands. Hmn yes Tink...you did that to yourself; don't pretend you don't like it!!

Eating her snack and sitting on some driftwood. At first I thought this was the house we built in March, but of course that's already gone. This is someone else's wind break.


Of course the kids had to climb a little.
I've learned the key to keeping Tink's hair up is persistence. After about the 100th time putting the elastics back in she finally gives up and leaves them.

Once we got home we had lunch on the balcony. I'm LOVING our new patio furniture. I finally go outside (upstairs) now. Nothing like a nice cup of coffee and a good view (plus mostly, peace. Yesterday afternoon I got home and sat out there and had to hear the neighbors talking, but luckily I'm good at tuning out...practice from the old complex!!)

Kat, is this the shirt I bought Ashlie all those years ago? I LOVE it!! And I can't believe it fits her. Ash seemed so old when she wore it. We used to steal her away to come to the beach or the park with us and I swear we'd have full and complete conversations with her. Something we can't do with Tink yet, though it is getting close I guess.

She's only pretending she doesn't like the cold!!

Well, since Tink can climb onto that table and I don't want to encourage climbing on the balcony, we took the water table downstairs...and set up the pool too. It's not that warm (my computer says 14 right now), but they were going to get wet so I decided to put them in appropriate gear and just make sure I brought them in to warm up...





So...day 3 on my own has gone very well so far. In half an hour I can feed the kids dinner. Then it's bath time (I think they'll both get a bath today, so wish me luck!!) and then, if they're anything like they have been the past few days) they'll be in bed very early. And tomorrow night Andrew comes home. YAY :)

0 comments: