Saturday, May 03, 2008

Signs of the times

We've just had a whirlwind visit with my dad. After three days of busyness, he's headed home to Fraser Lake. Meanwhile, we've dropped the kids off at Kathi and Cody's while I've brought Andrew to Richmond. Tomorrow morning at 4 I'll bring him to the airport then head to my sister's to pick up the kids. Andrew is heading to Richardson, Texas.

I have 416 pictures from my camera and about 150 from my dad's which illustrate the past three days. But I probably won't get a chance to update until tomorrow evening. In the meantime make do with this story...

On Thursday we went to Minter Gardens. As we were walking through the parking lot we passed a phone booth. "Oh my goodness!" I said, "It's been ages since I've seen one of these. I didn't know they had them around anymore!"

At the same time, Davey stopped in his tracks and backed up until he was even with the phone booth. "WHAT is that?!" he asked

Of course we all burst out laughing at just how well the question illustrated my point. Meanwhile dad explained to Davey that a phone booth is kind of like an old fashioned cell phone...sort of...

0 comments: