Monday, May 26, 2008

The weather forecast yesterday was calling for rain. Somehow though, we still had blue skies and it was WARM. So when I got up at 6am I decided to pack a picnic and try and hit the beach before the rain did. I'm glad we did because it was GORGEOUS all day. Despite the SPF 50 he was wearing, Andrew got a bit of a burn, but the kids were fine. Here are the kids...SO excuted to be heading to the beach again!!


The water was FRIGID. No other way to put it. I usually will go in to my knees and spend a lot of the time in the water. Yesterday I was able to get in about to my ankles and by that time I already was starting to feel like my blood wasn't circulating anymore. Needless to say I didn't go in the water anymore than I had to!!

Tink looks like she's crying here, but she was actually singing.


Tink decided she was going to bring all the driftwood up to me and dump it on my lap.



Andrew dug a hole which Davey filled with water and tink spent most of her time (when she wasn't rearranging the driftwood) sitting in the water there. I suppose because it was so much warmer than the lake.

yea. COLD.


And the last picture before my camera died. Sad days.

We got home and had supper then the kids wanted to wash the car. We'd just finished rinseing it off when HUGE drops of rain began pelting us. The drops quickly turned to a downpour which then turned to a thunder and lightning storm. We watched from our balcony and it was magnificent.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love these photos