Sunday, August 17, 2008

Harrison Lake

We knew yesterday that we wanted to spend today at Harrison Lake. So for once we did some planning an brought an umbrella (because we werent' sure if it would storm or sun) and chairs (because I remembered our patio set has folding chairs and, hello? WAY more comfy!!) and a cooler thing full of drink (because I got sun stroke yesterday and I don't like it). Here's our set up. Though I did move us closer to the beach right after I took this. I wanted to be close to everyone else.


Ellie took off right away. Notice the FOUR shovels? She used them all too.

Then she came and sat with me. Wrapped herself in the blanket and started digging.


Davey kept destroying Daddy's castles. So here's Andrew trying to catch him to "throw him in the lake." Though we don't really do that because Davey is still kind of scared of water. And we don't want to make him scared of it forever. He's been gradually getting braver so hopefully in Osoyoos later this summer he'll come swimming with me.

Today he perfected the art of making sand castles. Really perfected. His are better than mine.

All three of them working on castles.

Ellie going for a dip.

As you can see, she has no problems with water.



She barely stopped dancing today.


Notice the fistful of dirt?
I think he was admiring a dog this time. The people next to us had a beautiful but mean looking dog. No idea what he was, but he was solid muscle.





YOWSERS> that's one dirty car!

Take it to the carwash!



0 comments: