Saturday, August 30, 2008

I posted a couple more videos here.

As a kid (and even as a big kid), one thing I always looked forward to was the arrival of our Sears Christmas Wish Book. Each of us kids would pore over the catalog, oohing and ahhing over it's wares and circling and making notes on the items which most appealed to us.

This year I got my very own copy of the wish book and I'm pleased that my kids were just as excited to look it over as I always was. I set Davey at the kitchen table with the catalog, a pen and told him to circle everything he liked. Hey, it's a tradition.

Later that evening, Elisabeth dragged the catalog into the living room and I saw her scribbling in it too. It was until I brought the catalog upstairs to have a look through that I realised her scribbles weren't random. Elisabeth had overheard me telling Davey what to do with the catalog and she had scribbled on just about every Dora or princess purse, backpack, laundry hamper...

I've never been so proud.

1 comments:

Katherine said...

I am glad to hear that i am not the only one who still gets excited over the wish book :)
you may noticed that i did circle everything in mom's that i like :P