Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I have 45 minutes until this day gets crazy...

...and I decided to share them with you.

My neighbor's day care is on holiday this week. Today her kids are coming over here for the day. There are only two negatives to this arrangement. 1. We just (re) listed our house on Sunday and 4 kids 4 and under means I'm going to be cleaning (again) tonight! and 2. Today is the first day in 2 months I've had a car at my disposal. And I don't have enough seat belts in it to go anywhere with the kids :(

Luckily, the day looks like it's going to be gorgeous so we're going to spend it in our backyard. With the kiddie pool. And I'm going to drag their backyard toys over here so we have a real adventure land in our backyard.

Anyhoo, as I was making my morning cup of coffee today, I started thinking about all the things I'm looking forward to in our new house:

That's the side of it right there. And you can kind of tell what our backyard is going to be like. Surrounded by gorgeous, gorgeous trees...I can't wait for morning coffee on my balcony in the peace and tranquility of my backyard.

This is the side from slightly further back. Can you see Andrew in there? He's standing in the basement next to the wall of the garage. Those are just the footings though so it's going to have gravel poured in and the hole around it will get backfilled. We're not really going to have 13 foot ceilings in our basement.


Which is a good thing if you ask me!

Yesterday they finished framing Kathi and Cody's house. The clean up guy did a stellar job of tidying up the site. I'm hoping that the concrete gets poured at our house today. And then the framing will start on our house and I'd really better make up my mind whether I want white kitchen cabinets or dark...

I'm off to enjoy my cup of coffee on my current gorgeous back balcony. Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dark. You want dark.
September

ramblin'andie said...

I was very, very confused for a minute. Oh no, September has lost it, she's trying to persuade me to go over to the dark side!! Or does she mean my back yard is going to be dark with all those trees?? Or is she sending me subliminal messages to colour my hair back cause neon orange just makes my skin look too ruddy??

...you DO mean the cabinets, right?

derek salmon said...

send me a note on fb about where your new house is! i'd love to hear the details :)